DISK is the student union for students at the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences at Stockholm University (DSV). DISK is run by students who work non-profitable to ensure all students at DSV have a good study time. A higher number of members gives DISK higher influence, so by becoming a member you are contributing to DISKs influence and improvement of student life at DSV. Of course, as a member, you also get access to a number of discounts, benefits, and opportunities to participate in several fun events. Membership costs 160 SEK per semester or 300 SEK per academic year.
As a member you receive:
- A student card enabling you to utilize a wide range of student discounts. More information about the card and the discounts at Studentkortets website.
- Discount in the union’s cafeteria, the Student Union Office, and our event facility, Foo Bar.
- Access to the SSSB housing queue.
- The opportunity to engage yourself within the sections of DISK for an active membership.
- Have an influence about what the union should do, either by engaging in the union or join our annual and economic meetings.
- Get to know plenty of amazing people outside of your own classmates that, just like you, are headed towards a career within IT.
What DISK does for you
- Secures the quality of your education
- Provides student support in the form of Students Watch and the student protection agent.
- Provides together with DSV general tutoring withing all courses through DISK Workshop on Thursdays in Foo Bar.
- Welcome you to the department with Insparken.
- Offers a variety of study social activities such as sports events, student pubs, gaming nights, LAN etc.
- Arrange Systemvetardagen every year, a big labor market day for IT-students, where there is a great chance that you meet your future employer.